Is Your Electrical Panel Adequate for Your Maryland or Virginia Business?
Advances in technology have helped business provide services on a scale never-before seen. Unfortunately, these advances also mean that most businesses need more power than they did 20 years ago. Operating your business with wiring and electrical panels from decades past doesn’t just increase the risk of power failure—old electrical panels are fire hazards and carry the risk of electric shock.
Modern commercial electrical panels are required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to have a “dead front,” which protects live parts from being exposed and helps prevent electrical shock. If your electrical panel doesn’t have one, you need a commercial heavy up as soon as possible.
Does your business need a commercial heavy up or panel upgrade? Your search for “commercial electricians near me” is over! Call the electricians at John Goudie Electric at (301) 945-7688, and be sure to check out our other commercial electrical services!
Businesses have unique electrical needs, the most important of which is the need for more power. Many businesses use large electronics or machinery, and a standard electrical panel just can’t handle it. Signs your business needs a commercial electrical panel upgrade include:
- Your business’ electrical panel is more than 25 years old
- You frequently use multiple extension cords
- Your machinery or electronics don’t have dedicated circuits
- Your business needs a 240-volt circuit
- Your panel, outlets, or wiring is hot to the touch
- You hear crackling sounds in the outlet
- Your current panel is one of the following brands: Federal Pacific, Zinsco, I-T-E Pushmatic, or GTE/Sylvania. These brands are not available anymore because of safety issues
- Your business uses a fuse box or split bus panel
- You have recently renovated or made additions
- Your power frequently goes out or your lights flicker
I was thrilled with their efficiency and customer service. He arrived the same day, identified the problem quickly and after the part I needed came in he was back right away to install. They even sent me a thank you for my business card! This is a company with superior electrical skills and top-notch customer service.M T
A heavy up electrical panel upgrade increases electrical capacity usually needed when service to your home or business is remodeled, upgraded, or changed. Standard electrical panels can provide 100, 150, 200, 325, 400, 600, or 800 amps of power, allowing the potential for more circuits to be added. A commercial panel upgrade is also performed to replace outdated electric panel equipment. A heavy up electrical panel upgrade improves the safety and reliability of your electrical system, adds value to your business, and gives you peace-of-mind.
Contact Goudie Electric today for an electrical panel upgrade quote or if you have specific questions regarding whether your business needs an upgrade.