Problems with electric panels and associated sub-panels are not necessarily frequent. But when they do crop up they can be alarming and stressful, and potentially even dangerous. When your panels show signs of disrepair or trouble, you need the services of top-class, certified electricians. And if you live in Maryland, that means you need the specialists at John Goudie Electric!
Our electricians are certified and licensed, offering you the advantage of a completely qualified team that is dedicated to offering fast, reliable solutions. No matter what the issue may be, large or small, if it’s electrical we’ve got you covered.
Looking for electric panel and or sub-panel troubleshooting services near you? For superior electrical repair services in Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia, contact John Goudie Electric!
While not every homeowner is completely familiar with the warning signs of a failing or ailing panel, they’re actually quite easy to pick out. Panel problems may be caused by a wide array of complications, but they tend to always exhibit a specific set of signs. Keep an eye out for these:
- Frequent breaker tripping. When breakers trip often it’s a clear indication that either your circuit is being overloaded by too many appliances, or the panel is experiencing some form of damage or malfunction.
- Breakers refusing to engage. Breakers tend to last a good long while, but they’re not immune to wear and damage. This typically requires breaker replacement, which John Goudie Electric can handle in no time.
- Flickering lights. Do your lights flicker frequently, and especially when heavy appliances in the home (HVAC, microwaves, hair dryers, etc.) are engaged? If so, either the wiring in your home or your panel needs to be looked at.
- Appliances and lights wearing out. Do you find yourself replacing light bulbs far too often? This usually means an overload of supply, which is often related to panels and subpanels.
- Outlet covers look burned. Keep watch for outlet covers that are singed, or covered in blackish or brown spots. You may need either wiring or panel services.
- Pungent, melted plastic odors. Smelling burnt wiring or other signs of electrical fire is considered an absolute emergency. Call on professionals immediately, and if safe to do so shut off your home’s electrical panel until help arrives.
I was thrilled with their efficiency and customer service. He arrived the same day, identified the problem quickly and after the part I needed came in he was back right away to install. They even sent me a thank you for my business card! This is a company with superior electrical skills and top-notch customer service.M T
At John Goudie Electric we place a huge importance on offering our clients services that are responsive and absolutely thorough. We take your needs seriously, and offer comprehensive panel troubleshooting services to ensure your home stays safe and functional at all times. Our team carries extensive training and experience in addressing a wide array of panel issues. From the mundane to the more exotic, we’ve seen and handled them all!
For complete diagnostic services, troubleshooting, electrical repair, and panel heavy-up services, you can trust that our specialists have your needs and unique home requirements at heart. Contact us today!