Circuit Breaker Replacement in Maryland
Frequent circuit trips and power outages may mean you need your circuit breakers replaced. Contact us today to schedule a consultation in Maryland!
It’s pretty easy to take your Maryland home or business’ breakers for granted. Breakers tend to last a really long time, and are often pretty much out of sight and out of mind. That is, until you begin noticing electrical problems in your home. Then it’s a quick trip to the breaker box (or a phone to call a professional, if you’re quick on the draw!) to start hitting switches until something happens.
As a cautionary statement, we would beg you to not ever do this. Beyond the fact that you may cause more issues than were present before, electricity is nothing to fiddle with and carries some serious risks.
When your breakers are giving you trouble, call on the certified specialists at John Goudie Electric to assist you! We’ve been in the electric business for over 25 years and can handle any and every need you have. Our knowledge and skill is unmatched, and we guarantee our work every time.
Need circuit breaker replacement in your Maryland home or business? Contact our team of electrical experts today or call us at (301) 945-7688. We’re always available and ready to assist you!
What Is a Circuit Breaker?
Put simply, a circuit breaker is an electrical switch designed to protect your Maryland home’s circuits from damage. Sources of damage include:
- Overloading. Too much amperage flowing into your circuit (for example: a 15 amp breaker would automatically kill power to a circuit that became charged with power exceeding 15 amps). This is commonly caused by plugging too many appliances into a power source, or lightning strikes.
- Short-circuiting. Sudden, unanticipated electric flow through materials that are conductive. Often this is related to unintended wires touching or damage to power lines.
When these situations occur, your breakers are designed to automatically “flip,” shutting off power to that particular circuit. Breakers are primarily a safety mechanism, designed to protect both you and your home’s wiring. Additionally, they serve as a means to control power in your Maryland home, in case of an emergency.
I was thrilled with their efficiency and customer service. He arrived the same day, identified the problem quickly and after the part I needed came in he was back right away to install. They even sent me a thank you for my business card! This is a company with superior electrical skills and top-notch customer service.M T
Signs You May Need Circuit Breaker Replacement in Maryland
Breakers are rather hardy, but they aren’t impervious to aging, wearing down, or simply breaking. Warning signs for breakers that need to be replaced in Maryland include:
- Breakers are flipping too often. When a breaker gets too old or worn down, it may begin flipping erratically. This does not mean there are no other issues in your home’s electricity, but if all other aspects are as usual, and you’ve done nothing different or new, the breaker may be at fault.
- Breakers do not remain reset. When your breaker flips, the first impulse is to, of course, reset it. Sometimes the breaker will flip again mere moments after being reset, and this behavior is a likely indication that there is an issue with the breaker itself.
- Acrid or burning smells. Electrical fires are very dangerous. If you note odd smells, hot or excessively warm breakers, or charring in your breaker box, contact a professional immediately. This situation is highly dangerous and requires professional help right away.
Circuit Breaker Replacement in Maryland
Understand that any issues with your electricity whatsoever could indicate numerous issues. Never assume a problem is too small to contact a professional. And when you do, call on John Goudie Electric. Our certified experts are ready and waiting to assist you with all of your electrical needs. We’ve been servicing your Maryland neighbors since 1987—you can count on us to get the job done right the first time, every time!
If you’re in need of breaker replacement, or any other electrical service, in Maryland, contact us today!