Commercial Heavy Ups & Electrical Panel Upgrades in Hughesville, MD
Advances in technology have helped businesses throughout Maryland provide services on a scale never-before seen. Unfortunately, these advances also mean that most businesses in Hughesville need more power than they did 20 years ago. Operating your business with outdated wiring and electrical panels from decades past doesn’t just increase the risk of power failure—old electrical panels are fire hazards and carry the risk of electric shock, endangering you, your employees, and customers.
Modern commercial electrical panels are required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to have a “dead front,” which protects live parts from being exposed and helps prevent electrical shock. If your electrical panel doesn’t have one, you need a commercial heavy up as soon as possible.
Does your Hughesville business need a commercial heavy up or electrical panel upgrade? Call the electricians at John Goudie Electric at (301) 945-7688—we’ve been servicing business owners throughout Maryland since 1987. Don’t forget to check out our other commercial electrical services!
What Is a Commercial Heavy Up or Electrical Panel Upgrade?
A heavy up electrical panel upgrade increases electrical capacity usually needed when your commercial property in Hughesville is remodeled, upgraded, or changed. Standard electrical panels can provide 100, 150, 200, 325, 400, 600, or 800 amps of power, allowing the potential for more circuits to be added. A commercial panel upgrade is also performed to replace outdated electric panel equipment. A heavy up electrical panel upgrade improves the safety and reliability of your electrical system, adds value to your business, and gives you peace of mind.
Does Your Hughesville Business Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade?
Businesses have unique electrical needs, the most important of which is the need for more power. Many commercial properties use large electronics or machinery, and a standard electrical panel just can’t handle it—reach out to John Goudie Electric to schedule an electrical panel upgrade in Hughesville. Warning signs your business needs a commercial electrical panel upgrade include:
- Your business’ electrical panel is more than 25 years old
- You frequently use multiple extension cords
- Your machinery or electronics don’t have dedicated circuits
- Your business needs a 240-volt circuit
- Your panel, outlets, or wiring is hot to the touch
- You hear crackling sounds in the outlet
- Your current panel is one of the following brands: Federal Pacific, Zinsco, ITE Pushmatic, or GTE/Sylvania (these brands are not available anymore because of safety issues)
- Your business uses a fuse box or split bus panel
- You have recently renovated or made additions
- Your power frequently goes out or your lights flicker
I was thrilled with their efficiency and customer service. He arrived the same day, identified the problem quickly and after the part I needed came in he was back right away to install. They even sent me a thank you for my business card! This is a company with superior electrical skills and top-notch customer service.M T
Benefits of a Commercial Heavy Up
We understand that your business is important—this is why we encourage you to protect your investment and upgrade your commercial property’s electrical equipment. Scheduling a heavy up in Hughesville provides your business with:
- Greater electrical capacity – Most commercial properties in Maryland that are more than 20 years old operate using 100 amps of power. However, newer properties are being built with electrical equipment with the capacity of 200 amps to provide more electrical capacity than ever before! This means you can plug your computers, printers, cash registers, and other essential devices into the same circuit without damaging any of your electrical equipment in the process.
- More flexibility – You no longer have to worry about running the microwave at the same time as the office projector. Upgrading the electrical equipment in your commercial property in Hughesville provides for greater flexibility within your office so you can increase productivity without fear of electrical shock or fire.
- Preparedness – A heavy up prepares your business for future additions that may require you to expand your entire electrical system or just add a few outlets.
- Greater safety – The electrical equipment in your property—wiring, outlets, etc.—is rarely taken care of properly, resulting in wires deteriorating and a greater chance of malfunctioning. By scheduling a heavy up, you can rest assured that your electrical equipment is not putting you, your employees, or customers at risk.
If you’re ready to provide your commercial property in Hughesville with additional power, contact us for an electrical heavy up!
Commercial Heavy Ups & Electrical Panel Upgrades in Hughesville
We know that time is money. The faster we deliver top-quality electrical panel upgrades in Hughesville, the faster you can get back to business. We use the most recent and innovative technologies to make sure your electrical work gets done on time and on budget.
You and your consumer’s safety is our top priority, so unlike the other guys, our commercial electricians don’t cut corners. We’ll provide you with honest pricing and detailed explanations of the work that needs to be done, and we’re experts at collaborating with designers to make sure your electrical heavy up is exactly how you want.
Contact John Goudie Electric today for an electrical panel upgrade quote or commercial heavy up in Hughesville, MD. If you have specific questions regarding whether your business needs an electrical upgrade, just ask! We’re more than happy to help with all your electrical needs.