If you’re remodeling your bathroom, we know you’re looking for new and modern lighting solutions that match the design. We get it—bathrooms today demand intricate lighting solutions, which make the small space a difficult one to illuminate. From task lighting to accent lighting, and decorative lighting to shower lighting, there are many different options to consider. The experienced residential electricians at John Goudie Electric can help you illuminate your new, or old, space and make your fantasy a reality!
John Goudie Electric offers bathroom light solutions that will exceed your needs! Call us today at (301) 609-9450 to learn more about our residential lighting services.
Like kitchens, bathrooms require practical lighting solutions. But choosing the right lighting for your space is never a simple task. Too little lighting and you won’t be able to see what you’re doing. Too much lighting will cause unavoidable glares. John Goudie Electric has experience selecting the right lighting to illuminate your space—let us help you design the perfect lighting solution!
We understand the importance of a well-lit bathroom. With the wrong lighting, you can cut yourself while shaving or incorrectly apply your makeup. Installing a combination of task, accent, and ambient lights works best in the small space, especially:
- Pendant lights
- Track lighting
- Recessed lighting
- Vanity lighting
- Under- and in-cabinet lighting
Aspects to Consider When Designing Your Bathroom Lighting
Bathroom lighting isn’t as simple as 1, 2, 3. You need to consider the size of the space, whether or not there’s natural light, and much more before selecting the right solution for you. Some things to consider include:
- Angle of the lights. Take your mirror or medicine cabinet dimensions into consideration when selecting your fixtures.
- Height of the fixture. If you are mounting wall sconces on each side of your mirror, you should mount them with the center of the fixtures about 60″ high and about 28″ apart. If you are mounting a bath bar above the mirror, it should be mounted about 78″ high. These are generally-accepted measures from the American Lighting Association.
- Amount of light. You want a lot of light for the bathroom because of the variety of tasks done every day in that room.
- Layered lighting. There are a wide variety of tasks done in a bathroom, (shaving, cleaning, grooming, applying makeup, and other general tasks), which makes layered lighting a viable solution for addressing specific lighting needs for various areas.
I was thrilled with their efficiency and customer service. He arrived the same day, identified the problem quickly and after the part I needed came in he was back right away to install. They even sent me a thank you for my business card! This is a company with superior electrical skills and top-notch customer service.M T
Along with bathroom lighting, John Goudie Electric has experience with the following residential lighting services:
- Recessed lighting
- Hot tub and pool lighting
- Security lighting
- Shed and garage lighting
- Landscape and outdoor lighting
Contact John Goudie Electric for Bathroom Lighting Installation in Southern MD
No matter your lighting installation project, you can count on the electricians at John Goudie Electric to exceed your expectations. We value our reputation and hold our technicians to the highest of standards. Our family-run business has outranked our Maryland and Virginia competitors since 1987 with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Let us help you with your bathroom lighting project in Southern Maryland or Northern Virginia, contact the experts at John Goudie Electric today!