Under-cabinet lighting, or task lighting, is a great way to illuminate working spaces on your counter and eliminate shadows that make it difficult to see what you’re doing. These are simply lights are places (you guessed it) under the cabinets! There are a few different types of under-cabinet lighting, which means you can always find the perfect one that suits your home design.
Under-cabinet lighting is an important feature in any room. It helps illuminate the various workspaces in your Southern Maryland kitchen. Under-cabinet lighting can provide better visibility when performing tasks like preparing food or looking for items inside your pantry.
Want to install under-cabinet lighting in your Northern VA or Southern Maryland home? Contact the expert electricians at John Goudie Electric to learn more!
With under-cabinet lighting, you can choose from:
- Fluorescent strips – These are what you think of in older homes built in the 1980s and 1990s. You probably imagine waiting for them to warm up and flicker to life, but that’s not how modern day fluorescent lights are. Modern fluorescent strips don’t flicker, don’t have a delay when you turn them on, and have a much improved color.
- Puck lights – Puck lights are hockey-puck-shaped lights that sometimes don’t even need to be wired in. They are a great option for more ornamental task lighting and for rental kitchens—but keep in mind these aren’t the most durable option.
- LED rope – Last but not least is an LED rope or strip light. They look a lot like florescent lights, but the LED lights last a much longer time.
No matter what your preference is, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for whatever cabinet you want to be illuminated. These bulbs will be out of sight when installed properly while still providing you with the brightness you prefer.
Ready to brighten up your kitchen—or another room in your home—give us a call at (301) 945-7688 to schedule an appointment for under-cabinet lighting installation!
Benefits of Under-Cabinet Lighting
There are many advantages of installing task lighting in your home, including:
- Save energy – One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to reduce energy usage in your home is to have a professional electrician install under-cabinet lighting. This eliminates the need for lighting the entire room, and provides you with a stylish way to utilize the light in your kitchen. You can say good-bye to your large and unattractive overhead light when you choose this type of lighting.
- Minimize shadows – Under-cabinet lighting reduces shadows that are created by wall cabinets and overhead lighting, providing you with a clearer view of the contents in or under cabinets. When your cabinet lighting is properly spaced, it will completely eliminate all those dark shadows. It is recommended that you install a light every 20-30 inches over your counter space to ensure there aren’t any shadows left.
- Increase curb appeal – Installing under-cabinet lighting provides you with a sophisticated approach to illuminating a room. Not only will it make it easier for you to see while you cook, but it will make your countertops appear shinier than a normal overhead light. This will add to the value of your kitchen while increasing your curb appeal.
Reap the benefits of under-cabinet lighting by installing it in your Southern Maryland or Northern VA home! Contact us to learn more.
I was thrilled with their efficiency and customer service. He arrived the same day, identified the problem quickly and after the part I needed came in he was back right away to install. They even sent me a thank you for my business card! This is a company with superior electrical skills and top-notch customer service.M T
To ensure your needs are met, you need the services of a trained, certified electrician that can guarantee total satisfaction and the ability to handle the work you need done—which is why you need John Goudie Electric for your under-cabinet lighting installation project! When you choose us, you can rest easy knowing we are:
- Licensed. Your home’s electric is important—so you can’t just hire anybody for the job! You need a knowledgeable, trained, and most importantly, licensed electrician that can help with your lighting project. Our licensed electricians will get the job done right the first time, every time.
- Professional. When an electrician from John Goudie Electric comes to install task lighting in your Southern Maryland home, you can expect a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor! We guarantee that our electricians will behave like professionals. This means courtesy, clear indications of expertise, a uniform or name tag, and above all, being helpful.
- Positively reviewed. We understand that testimonials are a very big deal, which is why we are proud of the kind words our satisfied customers have left us. Click here to read the testimonials we have received from homeowners in Northern Virginia and Southern Maryland. And if those aren’t enough for you, you can check out our Google reviews too!
Contact Us for Task Lighting in Northern VA and Southern Maryland
Since 1987, we at John Goudie Electric have been providing our expert electrical services to all of Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia. Whether you need a couple of under-cabinet lights installed or 100, you can trust our experienced professionals to handle your lighting installation project with ease and precision.
We’ll help you determine the best bulb for your project while providing you with a long-lasting installation service. Give us a call at (301) 945-7688 now to get started with your honest and accurate electrical quote. Our electricians are anxiously waiting to assist you!